This salmon over garlic, mushrooms and spinach recipe is a wonderful dish that is super healthy and delicious. The recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. It’s a delightful nutritious meal that you can make within 15 minutes. Salmon is a very oily fish but it is loaded with some fantastic omega-3 fatty acids. It is recommended that you consume salmon at least two times a week, so here is a tasty salmon recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner.
– 2 fillets of fresh salmon
– 4 oz of washed spinach
– 1 chopped tomato
– 8 oz of sliced mushrooms
– 1 minced garlic clove
– 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
– one teaspoon salt
– Put couple of spoons of olive oil and garlic in a large skillet pan on a medium heat. Wait for a minute to heat up, so the garlic can infuse with the olive oil.
– Add the sliced mushrooms, season it with salt and pepper, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
– Change the heat to medium hot, and add the chopped tomato, just to give a bit of viscosity to the mushrooms.
– Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and then add the washed and dried baby spinach. Low the temperature to medium low, put a lid on the pan, and leave it just for minute or two, till the spinach becomes wilted.
– Turn off the heat, and add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, which gives a bit of acid and goes well with seafood. Stir everything together.
– Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the salmon fillet, both sides.
– Put one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a hot skillet pan over a medium heat. Put the salmon skin side down in the pan.
– Some people like to eat the salmon medium, or medium rare, so you can adjust the recipe to your own taste. This recipe is done with 1 inch tick salmon fillets, so it will take between 4 minutes on each side for a perfectly cooked salmon (cooked well but not dried).
– Serve the spinach mix in a plate, and place the salmon on it. You can sprinkle a little pit of parsley on top.