Except its delicious taste, eating this superfruit will boost your body with antioxidants. Cherries are well-known for their superpowers: they can strengthen the heart, fight against insomnia, fever, chills, improve eyesight, help with treatment of the urinary tract, impotence, stomach upsets and bronchial diseases.
Cherries have water, potassium, pectin, vitamin B and C, carotene, tartaric, citric acid and around 10% sugar. The cherry stalks contain tannins, bitter substances, organic substances, vitamin C, sugar, mineral salts, malic and citric acid. Because of their diuretic action, the stalks can be used in tea, stimulating the secretion of urine and can help pass stones from the kidneys and bladder.
Fresh cherries are used against physical and mental exhaustion, and sour cherries can help fight bad mood and melancholy.
Here are 5 good reasons to start consuming this powerfood today!
Against kidney disease and inflammation of the urinary tract
Apart from enjoying a tasty cherry, you can use it stalk to prepare tea which is proved to help against kidney inflammation:
– Boil one hand of cherry stalks in 1 liter of water for two minutes. Drink the tea in sips all day long.
Use this tincture prepared from cherry seeds to cure impotence:
– Put three parts of cherry seeds into 12 parts of brandy and leave it closed for two weeks.
– Strain it and drink 10 drops three times a day after meals.
Diabetic friendly fruit
Cherries have higher glycemic index compared to most fruits. They have a low glycemic index of only 22, which is far lower than peaches (42), apricots (57), grapes (46) and plums (39).
– Make a mixture of one tablespoon cherry stalks, cherry leaves, Yarrow flowers and mint leaves.
– Pour 1 liter of boiling water in this mixture and leave it covered for 2-3 hours.
– Drink before and after meals for 10 days.
Excellent for the Heart
Cherries are very rich in potassium, which reduces the risk of hypertension, helps regulate blood pressure and heart rate. Several studies have found that the phytosterols in cherries help reduce bad cholesterol levels.