Chestnuts had been long known for their powerful benefits against neuralgia, open sores, hemorrhoids, cough, gout, rheumatism, varicose veins, diarrhea, dysentery, abdominal pain, skin diseases, catarrh, and bronchitis.
Chestnuts are long-living trees, growing in the areas of moderately warm climate.
Unlike the fruits of walnut or hazel, foremost of which are fat, the main ingredient of the chestnut fruit is starch. Chestnut has significant quantities of protein, vitamin C and vitamin B1 also; it is gluten-free, has no fat and cholesterol.
Chestnut recipe against hemorrhoids
– Put a cracked fruit of horse-chestnut in 1/2 liter bottle
– Pour 5 tablespoons of alcohol strength of 96%.
– Close the bottle tightly and let it stand for 10 days.
– Shake the bottle several times every day
– At the end strain the mixture.
– Take 10 drops of the extract twice a day, with a little water or a piece of bread, and your hemorrhoids will be gone in less than two weeks.
Chestnut recipe against varicose veins and swelling feet
– Put 30 grams of horse-chestnut in 1 l water and let it boil for 10 minutes on low heat.
– Leave it covered for 10 more minutes and then strain the mixture.
-Drink one cup of the extract every morning and evening and in just a few days you will start to feel relief in your legs.
– Grate half a cup amiable chestnut and pour in homemade grappa or red wine.
– Drink one cup every evening.
– For better and faster results, cover the abdomen with a towel or gaze with olive oil, after drinking the chestnut extract.
Against inflammation of the joints and sciatica
– In a 1-liter bottle, chop whole fruit horse-chestnut until it’s half full
– In the bottle pour a little alcohol
– Close the bottle tightly with a glass stopper and let stand for one month.
– Occasionally shake the bottle, and after one month strain the mixture.
– Massage the diseased areas with the extract, three times a day until improvement is felt.