Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death worldwide. A heart attack strikes someone about every 43 seconds. What should you do when you suspect that you have a heart attack? Without thinking, call an ambulance if you are having these heart attack symptoms, do not wait! See what time it is to know when the first symptoms started. While waiting for an ambulance, take an aspirin with a glass of water, it can save your life.
Warning signs of a heart attack in women and men:
– Most common heart attack symptom is chest pain and tightness, which spread throughout the upper body in the neck, jaw or left arm;
– Shortness of breath;
– Strong heartbeat;
– Pouring cold sweat;
– A sense of fear and panic;
– Bitterness in the mouth.
Additional warning heart attack symptoms in women:
Statistics show that fifty percent of deaths caused by a heart attack belong to women. Women are on average 10 years older than men when their heart starts failing. Heart attack in woman is related to problems with diabetes, high blood pressure and congestive heart failure. Be careful if you have these symptoms:
– Pain high in the abdomen and chest, that lasts more than a few minutes, goes away and comes back;
-Pain or discomfort in one or both arms;
– Dizziness,nausea or vomiting;
– Sudden weakness and pain in the back or jaw pain.
If you have one or more of the above symptoms, especially chest discomfort, call 911 immediately.